Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Promoting "Clean" Books & a Contest

Note: For the sake of this post, "clean" = Cow, and "unclean" = Pig.

In the past few weeks, I've seen several promotions/discussions on the web related to Cow reads. I am so grateful for that--pardon the word--"exposure," because as someone who loves to read a book that doesn't make me blush or at worst, shut it because it's way too Pig, even though I like the story, I sometimes feel alone in the world. Where, oh where are all the readers and writers of Cow books? Can't we join forces? Make a mark in the world that says Cows are best?

I know we can. In fact, writing Cow books is one of the things groups like LDS Storymakers do very well. I am truly grateful to be part of them. But guess what? We're not alone. I've recently joined a "Clean Romance" group on Goodreads, and we're holding a celebration contest right now to commemorate reaching our 200 member goal. Hear that? 200 members! Cow readers ARE NOT alone. And for that matter, I think there just might be more Cows and less Pigs in the world than we think. All we have to do is find them, support them, and help them know they're not the only Cows, either. Here are the contest details as I posted them on The Write Blocks:

We have just reached 200 members on our Clean Romance Group on Goodreads.com! To celebrate, we are having a drawing. More than 18 books have been put up as prizes--MISSING included--and all you have to do to enter is to become a member of the group. (A Goodreads membership is required, however, but it's free!) To be part of the giveaway, enter/join the Clean Romance Group (under the group--Books/Literature, then Romance) by January 10, 2010. The festivities will begin on January 11. See ya there!

Yes, one of the reasons I put up this post was I wanted to let you know about the Clean Reads contest, but what I mostly want to do is reiterate this truth: Cows, and those who seek Cows, are out there. As a writer trying to market my work, I've often felt crippled by the fact that I write Cow books. All the world loves Pigs, I thought, and Pigs won't accept Cows. I'm doomed to failure. But I was wrong. I know that now. And I celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment