Tuesday, March 2, 2010

And the winners are...

The Show Your Love for the Storymakers Contest ended Sunday night, and so that means it's time to announce the winners!

But before we get to that, a few stats. We had great participation in the contest, with 398 entries. And that meant that I had to change my method of picking the winner. No way was I going to cut out 398 little pieces of paper and write names on them. *feeling faint at the thought* So what I did was give every entry its own number on a list. Then I used random.org to pick two random numbers between 1 and 398.

Not only to prove that I was as fair as fair can be in choosing the winners, but also to show off this cool little trick I just learned involving screen shots, here are the two winning entry numbers from random.org.

(Perhaps I'm not very good at screen shots yet.)

The two winners are the names that coincide with entry #250 and entry #353. And those are...




Congratulations to Daron Fraley and Wendy Swore!!!

6 comments:

  1. Bah... :-)

    I tip my hat to Daron. And congrats to Wendy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats guys! I'm more than a little jealous. I hope the green glow from all the other tables doesn't make it hard to focus. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muhahahahaa! My evil plan has come to fruition! Let the extortion begin!

    The bidding starts now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh oh - Daron has something evil up his sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, congrats to Daron and Wendy! I'm so very jealous! If you find bits of food are being thrown in your hair at the dinner, you can be sure it's not me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am soooo excited. THank you very much for the opportunity! I look forward to it! And Christy, I'll be sure to wear a rain poncho. *wink*

    Thanks! This just made my whole week!

    ReplyDelete